Learn ways to...
- Reduce stress and increase creativity.
- Connect to the important moments of your life.
- Decrease inner struggles with feelings and thoughts.
- Refocus on what matters most.
Learn ways to be friends with yourself again!
What is this workshop?
We meet for an hour each week and learn about topics like patience, acceptance, curiosity, and being non-judgmental. Each week there are at least two mindfulness exercises that we will do together to practice what we are learning about. It is not just about learning after all. It is also about experiencing.
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a special way of paying attention. The goal is to reconnect us with the richness of this present moment. We learn to pay deep attention to our emotions, our thoughts, and all our other personal experiences without getting tangled up in them.
Mindfulness is simple enough (and nuanced enough) that it can be explored and explained in many different ways. The weekly workshop offers this variety and flexibility with the goal of teaching you the skill of mindfulness in ways that you can actually use in your everyday life.
Click here to view a Simple Workshop Itinerary
- Defining Mindfulness (5-10 Min.): Each week we will discuss what mindfulness actually is, making sure that everyone is using the same words in the same way and acclimating new participants.
- Mindful Breathing Exercise (5-10 Min.): Each week we will also engage in a simple breathing exercise. This exercise is considered the "backbone" of mindfulness practice and is essential to learn and master.
- Learning About Mindfulness (10 Min.): Each week will also feature a lesson about one aspect of mindfulness such as patience, disentangling our thoughts, or grappling with inevitable change.
- Weekly Practice Exercise (10 Min.): We will also do a practice exercise together that is directly related to the lesson. Just like the lesson, the exercise will be a little different each week.
- Daily Practice Discussion (15 Min.): Mindfulness requires daily practice to gain the fullest benefit. Time will be spent at the end of each workshop reviewing how participants have been mindful all through the week, as well as working through any hurdles the participants may have run into.
Here are a few more things you should know:
My goals for this workshop:
There are many things in our lives that we might struggle with. As a counselor I'm familiar with many of the problems that commonly come up for people. But sometimes our problems are not big enough that we need therapy, and instead we just want a few new ideas and tools to help us along our way. Or we are going to therapy and are looking for other simple ways to help that healing process. This educational group may be just what you are looking for. Something simple and straightforward to support you as you live your life.
If this workshop makes sense to you and you want to give it a try just contact me to sign up. There are workshop slots all throughout the week!
- This is workshop is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to diagnose or treat any disorder.
- All e-mails are kept only for communications about this workshop. They are never rented, sold, or otherwise given out and they are never used for unsolicited e-mails of any kind.
- Before you can attend a group you must complete a Welcome Packet which includes important information on informed consent, group rules, and Protected Health Information. The packet can be sent by e-mail (if you have a printer) or by mail and must be completed by the start of your first session.